Brock, Cameron, Sarah & Annie (2011 Flood Malawi Interns)

This is Grace. She is deaf.


Havin' fun @ Children of Blessing

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Kingdom Tag in the Post Office

I went crazy at the FedEx Office center. After copying and cutting, I stuffed nearly 75 envelopes! Next, my 75 "friends" and I went for a drive down Santo Rd. to the nearest USPS station. It was a lovely drive for a Wednesday afternoon. After waiting in line for about 10 minutes, I walked up to the mail clerk. I said, "So I have about 75 letters to mail, what would be the best way to..." the clerk smiled, "Buy stamps and stamp them yourself."

I knew she was going to tell me this. Still, I thought I would ask just to make sure a new innovative machine hadn't been created since my last stop at the Post Office. I must say, if you like people watching, stand in the Post Office. It is so entertaining!

Sending my letters felt freeing. I felt like I was in a game of tag with Jesus (even though He can probably run faster than I), it was as if I tagged Him and said, "Hah, Now you're it!" I get to step back and watch God move. I eagerly wait for others to respond. I wonder if this is how God feels sometimes about us. I think sometimes He "tags" us, but instead of moving we freeze up, or we say we don't want to play anymore, or the phone rings, or we get a new message on Facebook. How many times have I ignored God when He's been tagging me? I want to be as excited to play with Him as He is to play with me! Kingdom Tag, is what I am now going to call it. Haha!

Stay tuned and feel free to leave your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment