Brock, Cameron, Sarah & Annie (2011 Flood Malawi Interns)

This is Grace. She is deaf.


Havin' fun @ Children of Blessing

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Our First Family Meeting

Today, my team and I met for our first ever family meeting!!
We are 2 brothers and 2 sisters.

Some comments when they walked into the Flood Offices:
"I brought snacks!" - Annie
"This is all of us?!" - Cameron
"I make my lunch like a mom." - Brock

How I enjoy watching us grow into a little family. I now know why my professors always ask us to "wait until they get there" when we have questions. Running a meeting for 2 hours is no easy task! Thankfully, my agenda kept us on track. My fellow team members are ecstatic to serve the Lord with all their hearts in a foreign land. This is evident because of all their questions regarding everything under the equator!

"Tell us about your last trip!"
"Are we registering our trip with the United Nations?"
"What does the place we are staying at look like?"
"Can I bring my pocket knife?"
"What do we wear?"
"Is there a Wal Mart? Target?" "No."

I have to say, these are all GREAT questions! Sometimes I feel like a parent who just got asked, "Mommy, where do babies come from?" I would love to unpack that question honey, but there are so many little details that go into it! Haha

Of course I answer their questions to the best of my ability, and am seeking out the answers I didn't have. (KEEP PRAYING FOR ME!)

Our next meeting will be on May 1st, and I will show them a video of my last trip. (Props to Kyle Franchini!) I think this will give them a great visual of what to expect and what not to expect. It also will be a great reminder for me because every time I watch that video, God reminds me of Himself and His people.

Right now my fear is that I might hinder their own personal experiences. I want each individual to have their own unique transformational experience through their own eyes, ears, hearts, noses, and mouths. Although my previous experience has equipped me to lead them and I do share some stories I have; I encouraged them to stop me if I start talking too much about it. They are to say, "That was your last trip, Sarah."

In this moment, 8:00pm on Sunday, April 10th, I have quite a bit of studying and homework to do. However, Serving God energizes me so! I feel alive when I see others growing, when I am giving to the poor and needy, and when I am taking risks for the Kingdom of God! I feel strong, I feel needed, and I feel ALIVE!

So I will end my procrastinating and get to it LOL

Thanks for reading and supporting me!

In His Abounding Love,

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment